- The game is very linear. So far there is no choice in which places you can visit first. I have had to plough through each place individually and in order.
- I haven´t found any place in which to trade or buy items. I suspect I never will since there is no such things as gold or money in the game except for a few gold coins but they are used at specific places. This means that I could drop everything I don´t need.
- The figthing is slow due to the animations involved. Everything moves very stepwise and while something is in movement it feels your character cannot move. For example. If you see your opponent begins an attack you cannot move until it is completed through several frames. That makes combat not as smooth as it could have been. When I cast a spell the game freezes until the spell animation is completed which takes at least 5 seconds. That type of delay is frustrating and actually stop me from using my spells as often as I wish.
- The slowness hinders you from using tactics used in Dungeon Master II and Crystal Dragon when you constantsly sidetracked and moved around the target. Here you attack-retreat, attack-retreat in front of him and he will never catch up so you seldom have to move backwards.
- I use the same tactics for all enemies. Freeze them and then hack them. Nothing else. Casting an offensive spell does no more damage than me hacking at a freezing opponent.
- The game is so far a bit too easy. The opponents are not dangerous enough and could easily be defeated. The so-called puzzles are are also not very hard. Most of the time you just have to pull every lever and push every preassure plate you see in order to make progress in some way.
- You could rest anywhere by just staying around. After 5 minutes realtime you have recovered all health and spell points again.
- There are no roleplaying options while interacting with NPCs. Every encounter is scripted.
- Illusionary walls are possible to detect if you move slowly. They shimmer. Very good.
- Here and there you could find scrolls that tell you some information about the place or what had happened. They are appreciated but too rare.
|The crabman is freezed by my spell|
|The charming lady herself!|
|Part of the the underwater labyrinth|
|Here and there you can find new spells to add to your spellbook|
|This beast hungered for hearts...|
I enjoy the game but it is becoming a little repetitive...