Currently playing: Nox Archaist

August 26, 2018

The Larian Studios fabulous games

I don´t know how it has happened but I have missed a whole line of good RPGs over the last decade, starting with Divine Divinity which I completed in the beginning of the summer. I have to say it is one of the best isomentric RPGs I have ever played. The atmosphere and advanced skill system is really good and the game was hard to beat.

After that game I immediately started the sequel Beyond Divinity. It has much in common with Divine Divinity except that the game is not as good. Both the story, atmosphere and the terrible voice acting of your soulmate - the dark knight - all makes it plain in comparison with Divine Divinity. Still it is worth playing and I completed it a few weeks later.

I then started the third one. Divinity II - Directors cut and this time they had shifted from 2-D isometric to a full 3D-world. The game was also good but very hard in the end. 

The fourth game I started on a few weeks ago was Divinity Original Sin - Enhanced edition. A party-based game with fantastic graphics and interesting character development paths. I really like this game but it is quite linear and if you get stuck there are not many options you have to get more experience. Right now I am at level 12 and almost stuck between two boss-fights. We will see how it will evolve but in summary I think Divine Divinity and Divinity Original Sin is the best two games of the four and comes highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment