Currently playing: Nox Archaist

April 14, 2018

Divine Divinity is a golden gem

The last 10 days I have tested four different RPG like games:
  • Dungeons of Chaos
  • Sacred 2
  • Divine Divinity (2002)
  • Grim Dawn
The first game I have already told you about in my previous post. It wasn´t good enough to spend limited time on. Grim Dawn is a good hack´n slash action RPG and as such is does well. But you are only bashing the mouse all the time. I have never liked that concept wher loot is the only driving factor of the game. 

Sacred 2 was a little better. Not as limited map as Grim Dawn and not as many enemies at once. It had potential and I think that game is the better of the three. That is, until I bought Divine Divinity for 0.49 euro at the Steam sale and got totally hooked. 

Atmospheric music, eerie environments not as many foes as in Sacred 2. Slower progression but also harder and easier to understand the game. I can highly recommend it as the winner of these four items if you find any on sale. 

4 comments:

  1. DivDiv is awesome, are you playing it with some sort of HD mod or something on modern machines?

    Sacred (NOT Sacred 2) is also great, as they put an interesting storyline for each character class. Online was great and the areas were very well designed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! No I play the original game as is from Steam which means the resolution is quite low but it works. I love the atmosphere, music and attention to details. A hard game with no quest arrows or hand helding. Just what I want.

      Delete
  2. Divine things are awesome and splendid. Just think about miracles and that would be great to be with You link to online essay editing service Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm probably being spammy here, but I recently wrote an article about this game (and I'm kind of proud of it). It's really a rough gem, but also a great game.

    https://angryduckgamer.wordpress.com/2018/04/25/divine-divinity-review/

    ReplyDelete