Currently playing: Nox Archaist

November 17, 2014

Legend of Grimrock 2 - Highly recommended

LEGEND OF GRIMROCK 2

If anyone thought I had abandoned this blog I am back to prove you wrong. No, the reason spells "Legend of Grimrock 2". One of the best RPGs I´ve played in its genre. They succeeded in doing the sequel even better than the first with outdoor environments and with much more freedom of movement. 


If you get stuck you often have other areas to explore. The puzzles are of perfect difficulty. Not too hard (although there are some I´ll admit) and not too easy either. The perfect balance which let you get that feeling of accomplishment when you solve them. Combat is fun and hold your nerves and food is easier to get hold to than I remember from the first game and still you have to manage your food supplies very carefully. If you like games like Dungeon Master, Black Crypt, Eye of the Beholder or Crystal Dragon you would definetely like this game. The graphics are excellent the music theme a masterpiece and the soundeffects add to the immersion and atmosphere. I am already looking forward to another sequel and right now I am struggling in the Pyramids.


My rating for this game is 5 out of 5. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the write up. I played the first game up to the 5th or 6th level and got tired of endless puzzles and the linearity.

    Is this game as heavy on the puzzles? Are there any merchants or towns to visit? NPCs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, no there are no NPC, merchants or towns. Everything is about realtime exploration, combat and solving puzzles while developing your party along the way. But it is not as linear as in the first one. You will most of the time have several different ways to choose.

      Delete